Since I shared some of my pregnancy favorites, I thought it only fitting to also share some of the things I’ve found for Teeny that I’ve really loved. This is hardly a “must-have” list, 1) because I don’t yet have the baby and therefore have no idea which items are most helpful and 2) most of these are more on the fun than practical side.
So while it’s not the most practical list in all the land, perhaps it could be helpful as a gift guide for the babies in your life. Because what baby doesn’t need a gangly, stuffed moose?
1. Zip-Front One Pieces for Baby, Old Navy, $12. Our girl’s trip to the beach was the first time that I really let myself wander into the baby section of a store. I found the tiniest, most insanely adorable, dark green pjs and bought them for Teeny to wear home from the hospital. Later on I ended up ordering our whole newborn wardrobe from Old Navy, including these zip-up jams in pretty much every neutral shade they make.
2. This Moose Belongs to Me, Amazon, $9.98. The first book we were given for Teeny and our undisputed favorite. We read this quirky book at least once a week and it never fails to crack me up. I can’t wait to read it to our kiddo after they’re born.
3. Hand Knitted Newborn Baby Beanie, StarSeventeen- Etsy, $18. One of the things I knew I must have the moment the baby comes was the perfect beanie. I wanted a soft, chunky-knit with a giant pom-pom and this one fits the bill perfectly.
4. Mary Meyer Wall Wobbles, Amazon, $19.99. Taylor was in charge of finding the perfect buddy for the baby to grow up with and after falling in love with Marcel, the star of This Moose Belongs to Me, we knew it had to be a moose. He spent weeks researching and landed on this guy. I think he’s just perfect. First test as a dad, check!
5. Duck Boots, Gap, $49.95. Love at first sight. Everyone who has seen these laughs and says, “just like Mom.” You better believe it. Can’t wait to share the goodness of duck boot life with the babe. A huge thank you to my cousin Chantelle who sent these to us!
6. Minnetonka Genuine Bootie, Amazon, $32.95. Our drafty old house requires slippers in the cooler months and I thought these were way too cute to pass on. A little pricey, but one of my splurges.
7. Classic Beaded Pacifier Clip, NomiLu- Etsy, $10. Teether and pacifier clip? Non-hideous pattern? Quality materials and nice, clean look? Sign me up. I admired these on several people’s Instagrams before tracking down the perfect one. If I had to guess, I’ll bet we order another one of these at some point.
8. Gold Orthodontic Pure Rubber Pacifier, Nature Baby, $9.95. Natural rubber and way less obnoxious looking than regular pacifiers. Done and done.
9. The Peaks- Original Modern Wool Mountain Pillow, Three Bad Seeds- Etsy, $60. This was another one of my favorite splurges. Since we got a steal of a deal on our Craigslisted Jenny Lind crib and already had a dresser and rocker, I decided to go for it with this mountain pillow. It’s by far one of my favorite items in the room and I’m so glad I bought it. It’s also the perfect back support for a pregnant lady, settled into a wooden rocking chair.
10. Baby Hairbrush, Nature Baby, $24. I mean, come on. Cutest thing ever.
11. Charcoal Swiss Dot, Solly Baby, $65. I’ve thought these were the coolest thing for the longest time and am weirdly excited about running around with my baby strapped to my chest. They just released this color/pattern this fall and I knew it was the one.
12. Field Canvas Tote Bag, L.L.Bean, $89. The term “diaper bag,” kind of gave me hives, so early on I decided I wanted something that looked as little like a bag full of baby junk as possible. A friend had bought the backpack version of this bag when she had her baby and I decided to copy her and go with this rendition. I like that it can be slung over the shoulder or worn cross-body. Options people, options.
13. Little Willard Baltic Amber Teething Necklace, Amazon, $15.99. Another Instagram inspiration. These seem like such a simple, subtle way to help your kid out in those painful, drooly months of cutting teeth.
14. Gemma Nest, NativeWilds, $49. I don’t fancy myself especially bashful about breastfeeding, but when a friend showed me these attractive, multi-use nursing covers, I was intrigued. Infinity scarf, cart cover, high chair cover, car seat cover, nursing cover and blanket. That’s a whole lot of uses right there for only one thing I have to schlep around in my non-diaper bag. Perfection.
I will say that I had a really, really good time picking stuff out for the baby. When I told people I wasn’t having a shower they often seemed very concerned that I wouldn’t have what I needed, but there has been something about getting to hand-pick the items for our first kiddo that has been really, really special. Like somehow getting all their belongings ready has helped me get to know them a little. I don’t know, deep thoughts and stuff.
I can’t believe we are a month from our due date. Lots of mixed feelings about wanting time to pass quickly and also savoring the moment, but overall we are both pretty pumped to meet our little bud.
What are you favorite buys for baby?